Monday, May 27, 2013

On Memorial Day...

Let's remember that today is set aside to honor our fallen veterans who served their country.

Those of us who made it back home and are still alive-and-kicking, we will get to enjoy our own day in five-and-a-half months.

I wish to take a moment to bring attention to my dad, Ben Francis Kissick, who served in the U.S. Army during World War II and almost lost his life while on the front lines in France. Dad passed away January 31, 1999.

On my mom's side of the family, before gaining American citizenship my grandfather Earnest Seager served in the Canadian army during World War I.

My great-grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Kissick, served in the U.S. Army during the Civil War era.

May you and all our other fallen -- be it on the battlefield or later-on in life -- be at rest in God's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment